Families Making a Difference, TOGETHER
At Climate Action Families we are growing resilient, aware, confident, compassionate, and engaged youth and families.
Climate Action Families is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that unites multiple generations in the vision of an equitable and stable future for everyone.
Together we are taking action NOW.
“We cannot tire or give up. We owe it to the present and future generations of all species to rise up and walk!”
– Wangari Maathai
Flagship Program : Plant-for-the-Planet-Washington
A youth led movement to plant 1 trillion trees, keep fossil fuels in the ground, and fight poverty. Our program has been in place since 2013, has educated 502 Climate Justice Ambassadors in 20 academies, and facilitated the development of many prominent youth environmental leaders.
“The greatest danger to our future is apathy.”
– Jane Goodall
Who are Climate Action Families?
We are a diverse group of multi-generational families based out of Washington state committed to climate justice, while valuing this precious time that we have now as young families. We welcome people of all origins, abilities, orientations, advantages, lifestyles, and availability.
What do Climate Action Families Do?
We meet monthly for community and to discuss topics affecting us locally and plan projects for the next month. Families are welcome to participate at whatever level they can.
We aim to work together reducing atmospheric carbon dioxide (Co2) personally, professionally and politically.
- Educate ourselves and others. Find ways to communicate creatively about climate change.
- Plant trees
- Spend quality time together in nature
- Coordinate or support climate education events and campaigns
- Speak at hearings, institutions of faith, schools, businesses, or climate advocacy events
- Speak with individual representatives and stakeholders
- Write letters to the editor, emails, or making calls
- Run and support art builds, songwriting sessions, video production and other creative campaign projects that are lots of fun!
“We’re the first generation to feel the impact of climate change, and the last generation that can do something about it.”
– Barack Obama
Our 2018 Family Retreat
Every year our most active Climate Justice Ambassadors gather in the forest near Mt Rainier to experience nature, dream about the future, and play!
Join the Climate Action Families circle today!
To get started,
- Sign up for our regular newsletter (once or twice/month)
- Come join us at our meetings on the first Saturday of the month
- Check out our calendar and come to a public event
- or contact us to find out what's happening now!
Check out other ways to contribute as well!